Jackson Hole Book Trader, an independent bookstore specializing in new, used and rare books in Jackson, Wyoming is looking for a positive, energetic used book buyer to join our team. This person will be responsible for our used book buying program – including, but not limited to, buying used books from our community and seeking out rare books & local titles.
In addition to managing our used book buying, applicant will be responsible for day-to-day operations with excellent communication and organizational skills. Essential qualities of the applicant must be personable, detail oriented, and have the ability to multi-task. This is a physical position, the applicant must be able to lift boxes (up to 35 lb).
We are looking for a full time employee to start immediately. Customer service experience is a must and so is a love of books. Willing to train the right person.
Jackson Hole Book Trader is an equal opportunity employer, offering great pay, benefits, and a positive and safe work environment.
Send introductory letter and resumé to email@example.com
(please no phone calls).
• Processes used books.
• Continues (or creates their own) structure for accepting used books.
• Works with various non-profits in the community to distribute unwanted used books.
• Prices and shelves used books.
• Works with team to advertise our used book buying system.
• Works with community to buy their used books.
• Works with team to nourish a customer-friendly used book buying program.
• Helps with day-to-day operations - including bookselling, receiving books, returning books, organizing shelves, and providing outstanding, consistent customer service.
• Works with our point of sale.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Has an understanding and knowledge of used books and how to price appropriately.
• Has an understanding and knowledge of rare books and how to price appropriately.
• Strong communication skills to explain used book buying program to customers.
• Strong communication skills to work with team on our used book buying program.
• Retail experience a plus.
• Comfortable with both microsoft office & google drive.
• Can work when we are open: Mondays-Saturdays 10a-6p.
• Physical requirement: must be able to lift heavy boxes.
• Love of books and reading.